It's a tool for unattended mass deployment of Linux. You can take one or more virgin PC's, turn on the power, and after a few minutes, the systems are installed, and completely configured to your exact needs, without any interaction necessary.
Motto: Plan your installation, and FAI installs your plan.
- [10 May 2010] FAI 3.4.8 packages are available. more ...
- [24 Dec 2010] FAI 3.4.7 packages are available. more ...
- [24 Sep 2010] The FAI project gets its own domain name. more ...
- [21 Dec 2009] The FAI project celebrates its 10th anniversary. (article in German)
- There will be a workshop in 2011. The date is not yet decided.
- The FAI workshop was held from july 2-4 at Linuxhotel Essen
- Wiki page for the workshop
- Blog entry from Mika about the workshop
- Thanks to these companies and organisations for supporting the workshop:
- Debian project, Netways, Spotify, Thomas-Krenn, LIS AG
- Installs and updates Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, SuSe, ...
- Centralized deployment and configuration management
- Installs XEN domains, VirtualBox and Vserver
- Easy set up of software RAID and LVM
- Full remote control via ssh during installation
- Integrated disaster recovery system
- Every stage can be customized via hooks