Parent Directory | Revision Log
* Fix typo in debconf-show(1). Closes: #326739
* Man page typo fixs. Closes: #302746, #302749, #302747, #302748, #302752
* Add Basqe translation by Piarres Beobide Egaña. Closes: #247321 * German translation update. Closes: #251731 * Catalan translation update. Closes: #251786 * Remove soi-unsightly trailing blanks in debconf-show output. Closes: #252482
why is this here, after cvs import? delete!
move from cvs import
* Debconf will now use Tomohiro KUBOTA's Text::WrapI18N module for line folding, thus supporting proper display of: - multibyte encodings such as UTF-8, EUC-JP, EUC-KR, GB2312, and Big5, - combining characters and fullwidth characters which occupy zero and two columns on screen, and - languages which don't use whitespace between words (Chinese and Japanese) and mixture of such languages and other languages. * Debconf also makes use of Tomohiro's Text::CharWidth module for character counting. * Known bugs: - Line-folding of prompt line in readline frontend is not aware of multibyte encodings nor combining/fullwidth characters (Bug#195678). - For dialog frontend, "dialog" package should not be used because it doesn't yet support multibyte encodings nor combining/fullwidth characters (Bug#195674). (Dickey is working on it.) * The above is made possible thanks to the work of Tomohiro KUBOTA <firstname.lastname@example.org>. * Extended Deconf::Encoding module to provide wrap, $cols, and width. It loads Tomohiro's modules if available, and falls back Text::Wrap and length if not. * Reorganized the i18n support, so all necessary packages are installed by default (Closes: #196475, #173647), and so it can easily be removed (saving 500k) for those who don't need it and lack disk space. Introduced debconf-i18n and debconf-english packages. * Link debconf-utils doc dir to debconf's, since it depends on it anyway. With transition preinst script. Saves 60k. * debconf-english and debconf-i18n are linked also. * debconf-show: Act on all packages named on command line. Closes: #198036 * debconf.fr.7 update. Closes: #198096 * debian/po/fr.po update
* To find .debconfrc, look up the home directory of the current user with getpwuid, instead of trusting $HOME, which is untrustworthy thanks to programs like sudo. Closes: #181288 * Sylvain Ferriol enhanced debconf-show so it can list debconf databases, owners of questions, and so it can be limited to list only owners or questions in a given database.
unreleased new version
not yet released
* Added debconf-show, which displays all questinos belonging to a package, their values, and indicates if they have been seen or not, all in a compact format handy for bug reports. Now why didn't I think of this before? * To keep the bit scales balanced, removed an unused template.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|