Parent Directory | Revision Log
* Add confmodule bindings for the DATA command.
* Set IFS to a sane value before calling printf, in case the maintainer script does something nasty to it. Closes: #381619
oops, fix printf patch
* Use printf rather than echo to send commands to debconf, to avoid breaking escaped commands if /bin/sh is dash (closes: #306134).
* Add a debconf-escape program and make the confmodules unescape text automatically in escape mode. At present we don't escape text automatically, but you can use 'debconf-escape -e' yourself if you want an easy way to do that.
* Add experimental confmodule support for cdebconf, now that the file conflicts between debconf and cdebconf have been removed: set DEBCONF_USE_CDEBCONF to have /usr/share/debconf/confmodule try to run the cdebconf frontend rather than the debconf frontend. (I expect this not to work smoothly yet; for a start, cdebconf won't have a useful database!) * Only conflict with cdebconf (<< 0.96).
typo fix (matches cdebconf r18715)
* confmodule: avoid using non-XSI local variables; instead use a nasty temporary IFS setting hack and _db_local_ namespace. Closes: #242011
Add progress bar support, using the cdebconf PROGRESS protocol. The editor and web frontend implementations are stubs.
Implement INFO command from cdebconf, to display an out-of-band informative message.
* Joey Hess - Force PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 in confmodule, confmodule.sh, debconf.py, and Debconf::Client::ConfModule to avoid bad behavior of the dynamic linker when Text::Iconv is loaded but its symbols have not really been resolved. This caused debconf to be killed with a relocation error in certian upgrades from woody involving packages that use debconf in their preinst. Closes: #278417 Thanks to Andrew Suffield and Branden Robinson for analysis. - Add check in frontend and debug message if PERL_DL_NONLAZY is not set to 1 when it's run from a preinst, in case I missed other entry points.
* Typo fixes in debconf-devel.7. Closes: #253341 * Put back the PREVIOUS_MODULE stuff, at least console-data "uses" it, although it does nothing, is undocumented, etc.
* Change the shell confmodule to not construct functions on the fly. The new code is smaller, a bit faster, and simpler, but the important thing is that it does not clobber $@. The old version messed up $@ if parameters contained spaces. * Removed the never completed PREVIOUS_MODULE stuff from the shell, perl, and python confmodules.
* When the teletype frontend is processing the answer to a boolean question, accept English answers even if the locale is set to some other language, as the question may not yet be translated. Closes: #220472 * Remove cruft that acted as if "" was a default value in Teletpye Boolean. Closes: #210671 * debconf-copydb, DbDriver/Copy: deal better with input dbs that have no Owners fields, such as cdebconf templates dbs. Assume that the owner is "unknown" in this case. * Add support for the SETTITLE command to better handle translated titles. Closes: #172218, #213184 * Drop ucfirst of package name in default title. * Make Debian::DebConf::Client::ConfModule deprecation warning go to stderr, not log. * Conflict with versions of whiptail before --default-item was added. * Use --default-item in dialog frontend, instead of the nasty menu reordering. Yay! * Move debconf-communicate from debconf-utils to debconf, it is needed by base-config 2.0. * Urgency medium to help the new base-config get into testing quickly. * Dialog frontend set values to "" or defaults when the user hit cancel or escape and capb backup was not enabled. Instead, in this case do not change any values.
move from cvs import
* Use ! not ^ in confmodule character class. Closes: #183032
* confmodule: split on only one whitespace. Closes: #182287
* The POSIX_ME_HARDER release. * confmodule: more shell fun and games. Should now deal with spaces at the end of protocol lines. I will not go into the gory details, but it is *disgusting*. Closes: #91229 (RC) * ConfModule.pm: support a tab as the delimiter between numeric and textual return codes.
* Simplified the functions generated by /usr/share/debconf/confmodule by using read -r a b instead of doing the set -- split thing. * Sanitize IFS in there, so things like cvs's config script that mangle it will not produce unexpected results. Closes: #88830
* Modified shell confmodule to use read -r, so if \ characters are read in, it will not interpret them. That was causing mangled password entry problems in base-config, Closes: #77920. It could also cause random hangs if the data was just right..
* confmodule: Properly quote arguments to frontend, just in case. Closes: #74827 * debconf-loadtemplates was totally hosed. It forgot to load the db up, and so it wiped it all out when it saved it! Fixed, Closes: #74826 * Added basic syntax checking and usage to debconf-getlang (and debconf-loadtemplate too). Closes: #74825
more epic struggles to change the world
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|