Parent Directory | Revision Log
* People just don't seem to get it -- NEVER use dh_input in a postinst! Tightened up the language about that in the tutorial, and repeated my self in several places in the hope people will read at least one of them. * Eliminated use of Fcntl, one of the modules that made us depend on perl. * Deleted the copy of the spec that was local to this document. The configuration management spec is now available as an xml document, in Debian CVS. For convenience, debconf includes that document now.
* The dialog frontend can now use --passwordbox with both whiptail and dialog, so I made that change. (Closes: #47196) * Added a section to the tutorail on adding backup capabilities to config scripts. (Closes: #47676)
* Converted the tutorial and introduction to xml and docbook.
* Gtk frontend can use the newest gtk-perl to test whether opening the display will work. Closes: #46736 * metaget'ing choices now returns a list. Fixes the other half of #46606. * Select boxes that consist of one item are not displayed.
* Fixed the problems with the purge command, which were really package name guessing problems and some errors in the new purge code. BenC, it's ready for you. * Don't install frontend in /bin (Closes: #46149) * Fixed a problem with interpretation of the set command. The second parameter can have spaces in it. * Added data-dumper dependancy, since some perl's don't include it. (Closes: #46147)
* gdialog will soon support --defaultno, added versionsed conflicts with versions that don't, and support it again. * ConfModule::new() doesn't take a confmodule to start anymore, I broke that out into a separate function. * AutoSelect only starts up the script if it's actually passed once. TRhis should fix your problem, BenC.
* Hm, I know I fixed this before, but the fix seems to have been lost: Fixed bug in the AutoSelect that was making it *always* try dialog first, even if something else was picked. (Closes: #46020) * Dialog has no --defaultno flag, which makes it unusable for debconf. Oh, so does gdialog. I have submitted a patch for dialog, but for now I have simply made debconf not accept dialog. If you don't have whiptail, you get text mode. I also made the --defaultno flag be passed first, which is how dialog will (eventually) support it. (Closes: #46047) * Dialog frontend no longer clears the screen when running. Makes it easier to get at debug messages. (Closes: #46048) * dpkg-reconfigure was trashing ownerships, fixed.
* Added fallback frontend support. If the frontend the user selects is not available, or fails to initialize (say DISPLAY is unset for Gtk), it will fall back intelligently to another frontend. * This means debconf doesn't really depend on much at all except perl. Moved most stuff to suggests. * The Gtk frontend was dying in a way not catchable by eval (!!) if DISPLAY was unset; added a fix to that so it falls back instead. * Removed some dpkg-preconfig spam.
* Force use of gnu readline perl library. The other one is too bad. * dpkg-reconfigure allows you to configure it's frontend now.
* Fixed a typo in the tutorial, and expanded it some. * Fixed the apt dependancy, which was on too low a version. * Depend on whiptail || dialog || gnome-utils so some kind of dialog is installed always.
* All the sigchld counting and handling stuff was making debconf segfault and making it fragile in various ways. Removed it. Instead, I have modified update-menus to DTRT, and I depend on that version.
* Added COPYING file. * Renamed README to EXAMPLES. * Wrote a new README that just points to the other files. * Wrote doc/INTRODUCTION, giving some history of how things have worked, and why debconf is better. * Suggests libterm-readline-gnu-perl, which is best for the Line frontend. * dpkg-preconfig uses the frontend specified in the conffile now. * Element::Line::Boolean now uses the correct values as the default. * FrontEnd::Line now actually displays titles. * Client::ConfModule should now run the config script like confmodule.sh does, for transparent installation of debconf packages. Needs testing.
* Back after a one month hiatus. I've moved debconf around in my cvs repository, though the debconf module name should still work. * Debconf is now FHS compliant. * Removed some junk from the Makefile I no longer need. * Added doc/packages-prompt, just a list of some packages that need to be modified.
* Question->value now returns the default field if value is unset (thanks, AJ) * Various minor touchups everywhere. * Killed slrn sample, this is going into the main slrn package and is already significently better in there. * Added Element/Gtk/*, from AJ.
* dpkg-preconfig now has a --apt option that makes it read debs to configure on stdin. This is for use with apt of course. (A hacked apt that can use this exists now.) * Dialog frontend only clears the screen just before displaying a non-gdialog dialog box. * Depend on the version of apt that really works with debconf. * A postinst and postrm modify /etc/apt/apt.conf to make apt use dpkg-preconfig to configure packages. (The file's not actually part of apt, so this is not too evil).
oops, arch all, not any.
Renamed client to CLient for consitency.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|