Parent Directory | Revision Log
add XS-Vcs-Svn fields for every source package in d-i
- Remove standards-version and add Lintian override for it - Release version 1.41
* Change ethdetect menu item number from 15 to 18. cdrom-detect, load-iso, load-cdrom, ethdetect, and s390-netdevice are all changed due to this and should transition together.
- Add myself to uploaders - Release 1.35
discover-sbus: queue SCSI sbus modules for inclusion in initrd and NIC modules for addition to /etc/modules
add build dep on debhelper that support udeb deps
releasing version 1.34
* Remove most code that prompted for module parameters. The new model d-i uses for module parameters is that the user should enter them on the kernel command line at boot, using the form module.param=value. This allows module parameters to be specified before udev loads modules during boot. Closes: #271065 * Needs rootskel 1.30.
* udebs are not allowed to have ORed deps (and it was adding cruft to the build) so remove the discover/udev deps entirely. It would be better to use a depends on something provided by both packages, but these deps are not really needed since both hw-detect and one or the other is part of the d-i base system.
Update all users of log-output to use new -t flag.
* Use log-output.
* Most of archdetect moved to libdebian-installer so that it can be used by other C code in d-i more conveniently. Use di_system_subarch_analyze from there.
- Rename the source package as it's going through NEW anyway.
source package rename
* Joey Hess - Rename hw-detect-full to disk-detect. - Add a disk-detect command, which uses hw-detect to load any additional drivers, as hw-detect-full did, but which also checks to see if any disks were found, and if none are, allows the user to select driver modules from a list, or load more from a floppy. Closes: #283193 - disk-detect will use partman's parted_devices command if available to see if any disks are found. Otherwise it falls back to a devfs find similar to that used by partitioner and autopartkit. This is probably good enough, but partman could be extended for network filesystems or something else and disk-detect's check would not know about it. - Move retry_params template to hw-detect so disk-detect can use it too. hw-detect might also use it in the future. Same with load_floppy template. - Remove ethdetect/modprobe_error template, as it's identical to hw-detect/modprobe_error. Use the latter in ethdetect. - Direct some modprobe output to /var/log/messages in ethdetect as is done in hw-detect. - Add a cleanup function to ethdetect.
No longer build-depend on libdebconfclient0-dev, due to archdetect change.
Make discover | hotplug-udeb dependency Linux-specific.
* Joey Hess - Set hw-detect-full priority to optional to match overrides.
- Turn seen flag setting back on after trying to ask the pcmcia start question, now that #257180 is fixed. Add a dependency on the version of cdebconf that fixed it. Closes: #280025
Add integration with hotplug: + Re-run hotplug rc scripts during hardware detection. + Hook into net events so that we can record them for netcfg. Requires lspci in udeb form, which isn't yet available (#284110).
add me to the uploaders list
releasing version 1.09
remove some rather useless extended descriptions
re-enable archdetect-deb after my upload
releasing version 1.06
Add archdetect-deb package.
Make hw-detect Architecture: any so that we don't have to have discover-mac-io on non-powerpc architectures.
hardware architecture, not architect
Add myself to Uploaders.
Add myself to Uploaders
Don't try to load floppy or ide-floppy on NewWorld PowerMacs. Most (all?) newworld systems don't have floppy drives, and loading the module apparently hangs G5s.
hw-detect-full enhanced hw-detect.
Bump priorities of hw-detect and hw-detect-full to standard, in line with the override file.
* Joey Hess - Reworded the missing modules warning to try to make it less confusing to users who think we don't have the modules at *all*, when in fact they've just not been retreived yet. - Depend on discover, which will be provided by discover-udeb or discover1-udeb. * Vincent Sanders - added ARM machine detection * Updated translations: - Catalan (ca.po) by Jordi Mallach - Danish (da.po) by Claus Hindsgaul - French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier - Hungarian (hu.po) by VERÃÂK IstvÃÂ¡n - Italian (it.po) by Davide Viti - Japanese (ja.po) by Kenshi Muto - Lithuanian (lt.po) by KÃÂstutis BiliÃ Â«nas - Dutch (nl.po) by Bart Cornelis - Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo - Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by AndrÃÂ© LuÃÂs Lopes - Ukrainian (uk.po) by Eugeniy Meshcheryakov
trunk/packages: Move from trunk/tools.
tools/ddetect/debian - hw-detect-full provides harddrive-detection. - Change priority of hw-detect(-full) to optional.
Add self to Uploaders.
add myself to uploaders
Update to debhelper v4, and use its udeb support.
- Use register-module to register modules for ide and scsi CDROMS, so they will be available for base-config. - Use register-module to register any module parameters that are entered by the user. - Fix ethdetect to not write kernel module parameters to /target/etc/modules; instead use register-module here too. - Add a versioned dep on rootskel. - Based on user reports, users are very confused to see the missing modules dialog for stuff like ide-floppy, which is both unavailable and not autodetected. So leave off non-autodetectable modules from the missing modules message.
* K��stutis Bili��nas - Update Lithuanian translation. * Joey Hess - Check for already loaded modules before saying anything about loading them. Should be faster and clearer. - If a module is not available, don't say we're loading it, instead mention that it was unavailable. The summary of unavailable modules is retained because it's easy to miss otherwise. - Remove the "(full version)" from hw-detect-full's menu item. There is no other version on the menu. - Versioned dependencies are not allowed in udebs, removed version from cdebconf-udeb dependency. - ORed dependencies are not allowed either, removed modutils-basic | modutils-full, which was obsolete anyway.
Change Installer-Menu-Item from 11 to 15 as part of the 10-30 renumbering.
* Claus Hindsgaul - Update da (Danish) translation. * Andr�� Lu��s Lopes - Update pt_BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation. * Denis Barbier - Add a comment in templates files to flag main menu items. * Christian Perrier - Update French translation. * Petter Reinholdtsen - Correct module name match to avoid matching substrings. (Closes: #215453) - Try to load ide-floppy as well, as some platforms need it, and I am not sure how to probe for it. (Closes: #215455) * Joey Hess - Load all the PCI IDE drivers before ide-detect, to fix DMA issues on some systems. Closes: #215442 - Remove the hard-coded list of modules from ethdetect, instead search for all net drivers and put them in the list, which is not 100% right but still much better. - Remove the confusing question about manually specifying the module to load. Anyone who knows where a non-modprobe-able module is can use the shell.. - Remove redundant ethdetect/title template, and unused ethdetect/module_prompt template. - hw-detect: collect any modprobe failures, and show them all in one screen at the end. Closes: #215163 - hw-detect: Say "Loading module", not "Detected module", as not all the loaded modules were detected. - ethdetect: Loop if manual loading does not work, to let the user try several modules. Add error if ethernet card is not found. - Add myself to uploaders, at least temporarily.
Add libdebconfclient0-dev to the build-depends.
Release version 0.43.
Fix UTF-8 brokenness; move to Standards-Version: 3.6.1
Move Standards-Version to 3.6.0 : UTF-8 changelogs
New progress bars
Undo change to make package architecture dependant.
don't build for s390
Change priority of ethdetect from standard to optional. It is only usefull for network installs, and there is no need to use it unless it already is on the boot floppy. Remove everyone but me from the uploaders list. I am the current maintainer of this package.
Drop the replaces/provides disk-detect in hw-detect-full. It confuses main-menu, and make it loop if disk-detect and hw-detect-full is installed at the same time.
Expand HW to hardware, and rephrase the ethdetect menu item.
Rewritten ethdetect as shell script, changing arch to 'all' and changing build-depends to build-depends-indep. Two new packages, hw-detect (to be used by cdrom-detect, now used by new ethdetect and hw-detect-full), and hw-detect-full (replacing disk-detect).
Add myself to uploaders.
change build-deps from libdebian-installer3-dev to libdebian-installer-dev
fix installer-menu-item and prepare for upload
fix installer-menu-item and prepare for upload
Replace XBC with XB in the control files
switch to libdebian-installer2-dev in build-deps
Convert to po-debconf, set Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.1.13) to ensure that generated templates are right, and set output encoding to UTF-8.
don't build ethdetect for s390
canonicalize ethdetect description capitalization
Build-depend on libdebian-installer1-dev.
adjust ddetect and netcfg menu item position Patch by Michael Cardenas
add python to build-deps
+ * Generate minimized discover data file at build time. + * Remove unused detection programs. + * Keep each language template in a separate file. + * remove broken ISA detection code.
witch maintainer name in control file to debian-boot, put David Kimdon and Tollef Fog Heen into Uploaders field. Change build-deps from cdebconf-dev to libcdebconf-dev
Add patch from thomas poindessous to switch to libdebian-installer. Also remove now-unused utils.[ch]
+ * patch from Thomas Poindessous <firstname.lastname@example.org> + - corrects TEST compiling in ethdetect.c + - corrects path for -L + * build depend on cdebconf-dev + * switch to discover from libdetect + * cleanup
switch to libdiscover
change to use discover instead of detect, since discover is maintained, while detect isn't. They are API compatible
+ * Dutch template thanks to "Thomas J. Zeeman" <email@example.com> + (closes: #95727) + * Spanish template thanks to Carlos Valdivia <firstname.lastname@example.org> + (closes: #103216) + * Brazilian portuguese template thanks to Andre Luis Lopes + <email@example.com> (closes: #108539)
this and that
change to priority standard
bump dpkg build depend version
use new dpkg features remove libdetect0-udeb dependancy
fix build deps
added util.[ch] save space, rearrange, fix exit status of postinst, add smart menutest changed number scheme, add build depends make templates better make clean target work
bug fixes, now it works, mostly removed everything except ethdetect for the time being since they are now all broken.
First shot at debconf ethernet detection and module loading, not working yet.
removed snddetect: was just a demo, clutter remote uC-libc stuff: can be resurrected later if we want it made some debconf templates to control passive/full detection, and also to get t he ethernet module if we can't detect it, nothing integrated into installer yet
thin is just temporart, but I have put it on the main menu for the demo system
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|