Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (download) (as text) (annotate)|
Change many occurences of 'Debian' into &debian;. This run is in the english version, other languages will follow.
* Fix "post-install" part for non-Linux ports.
Drop a few section from non-Linux archs.
Include a few sections of "Booting the Installation System" on all x86 ports
Minor typo fix
- Mention that pressing ESC in syslinux returns to the menu; thanks to Holger Wansing for the suggestion - Correct reference to cdrom device file; thanks to Justin B. Rye
Correct various typos spotted by Justin B. Rye
Some laptops show a blank display with the vga16 framebuffer, but work correctly with the VESA framebuffer
Request output of lspci -knn in installation reports.
* Suggest 'nousb' instead of debian-installer/probe/usb as USB modules are now loaded automatically.
Missed change to installation-reports
Last set minor errors spotted by Christian, just in time for the hard freeze
- Etch ships with X.Org 7.1 - Fix some minor spacing problems - Delete or update some obsoleted information - General minor fixes
Fix broken section title spotted by Holger
reportbug needs to be configured before it can be run (in most cases)
Document common installation issues for Sparc. Thanks to Jurij Smakov for his overview of issues
-Fix broken closing tag - Remove references to deleted sections
Fix reference to Save debug logs menu option; thanks Philippe Batailler
* Add a note that installation reports will be published.
Minor corrections suggested by Holger Wansing
Fix gramatical errors. Thanks to Holger Wansing for spotting them.
Fix XML syntax error
Add quick solutions in introduction as suggected by Osamu Aoki
New troubleshooting section on how to deal with CD-ROM related problems
* Update the installation report template to match current one in installation-report.
Initial commit preparing to add variant for AMD64. This commit basically creates the AMD64 variant as a copy of the i386 manual. Further commits will be needed to differentiate the AMD64 variant from i386 where needed. Commit includes changes for all translations.
* Document new aliases added in preseed 1.17 for common debconf boot parameters: fb, url, file, locale, interface.
- Change default build to Etch. - Remove all Sarge specific content and make Etch specific content default. - Delete some obsolete entities.
missed part of merge before
Fix build errors
* Update installation report template and instructions for etch.
move manual to top-level directory, split out of debian-installer package
- Cleanup use of quotes and dashes; second part of patch originally submitted by Branden Robinson (#279927). - Fix some footnotes that will hopefully make Phillipe Batailler happier. - SMP support kernel configuration is not in the same section for all arches so should be variable. - hppa (optional) and s/390 (standard) also support SMP - Some minor corrections.
End-of-line whitespace cleanup; no textual changes.
- Move sections on installation problems from i386.xml to trouble.xml - Rewrite info on boot prompt; mention boot splash - Add note on boot prompt problems with iLO/IRA (thanks Matt Taggart) - Fix capitalization of section titles
The "Floppy Disk Reliability" section is only needed on architectures that support floppy boot.
Revision of examples (<formalexample>): - Remove unnecessary empty lines within examples (reducing whitespace in output) - Remove unnecessary paragraphs around examples (further reducing whitespace) - Use > and < consistently - Use command prompt characters consistently ($ or #) - Shorten two lines within examples that don't fit in pdf Some updates in texts in or around examples.
update to use the standard d-i installation report
fixes & updates
Reverse claim that the installer is not compatible with CONFIG_DEVFS; it *requires* CONFIG_DEVFS.
First round of moving stuff from boot-new to module, minor updates
patch together a new source package that will include both the images and the manual
doc/manual: Enable keyword expansion.
add bits about install from USB based on http://d-i.pascal.at/ rename files and paths according to the new order (on i386)
Move together bits which belong together, minor updates
clean up references to boot-floppies
fix up xml for boot-installer section
fix xml in boot-installer section, thanks Miroslav Kure
Added section for booting the installer. In the old manual, this became very confusing because there is more arch-dependent info than generic info. So I changed the structure for this chapter to be mostly organized by arch. Unfortunately, it is in _very_ rough shape, and won't validate. I thought it would be better to start getting content out there, and maybe somebody can help clean the xml up.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|