Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (download) (as text) (annotate)|
Remove everything about DECstation since these machines are no longer supported.
Document finish-install/keep-consoles boot parameter and preseeding.
Document new boot parameters to define mouse protocol and device (port) for the graphical installer.
It does not look like we'll be updating the installation guide for Etch, so remove all the release conditions
Minor textual improvent
Document new boot parameter 'dmraid' (acticate Serial ATA RAID support)
* Document new boot parameter "lowmem".
* Suggest 'nousb' instead of debian-installer/probe/usb as USB modules are now loaded automatically.
Document installs over PPPoE; based on a text proposed by Eddy Petrisor
* Document debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated.
Review of interactive preseed changes
Document limitations of preseed/interactive.
Change auto-install/enabled to auto-install/enable, including translations; this was changed for consistency with rescue
Document preseed/interactive parameter
Some more minor errors spotted by Christian
Fix double section ID
Document new option to blacklist kernel modules
- Etch ships with X.Org 7.1 - Fix some minor spacing problems - Delete or update some obsoleted information - General minor fixes
- Javier spotted an empty para; this is probably what I originally intended to write there... - Fix minor errors spotted by Javier and Holger; with thanks
- Document mirror/protocol boot parameter with short explanation of ftp protocol - Use a clearer way to list the short form of parameters
Improve conditions for frontends supported by architectures
Add missing periods after short forms; thanks Clytie
Document anna/choose_modules boot parameter
* Explain usage of "owner" prefix when setting values for debconf variables intended for the target system at the boot prompt. * Give some examples of preseeding questions from the boot prompt. * Document how to install the KDE desktop environment instead of GNOME. * Don't list unsupported frontends in boot parameters section.
* Add condition "g-i" for arches that support the graphical installer. * Document mouse/left boot parameter.
Document how to pass parameters to kernel modules on boot
Restore accidentally dropped preseed/file entry
document auto=true boot parameter
- Remove some references to 2.4 based installs - Remove obsolete text about creating extra device nodes - Add extra comments about automatic encrypted LVM installs - Some other minor fixes
* Document new boot parameters theme and directfb/hw-accel.
Initial commit preparing to add variant for AMD64. This commit basically creates the AMD64 variant as a copy of the i386 manual. Further commits will be needed to differentiate the AMD64 variant from i386 where needed. Commit includes changes for all translations.
Correction suggested by Clytie Siddall
* Document new aliases added in preseed 1.17 for common debconf boot parameters: fb, url, file, locale, interface.
* Booting a USB stick via a boot floppy is not supported by current installer images. * Update preseeding docs to use task names, not short descriptions, since that will work now and is more convenient for preseeding. * Document the kde-desktop and gnome-desktop subtasks.
- Change default build to Etch. - Remove all Sarge specific content and make Etch specific content default. - Delete some obsolete entities.
move manual to top-level directory, split out of debian-installer package
From kernel version 2.6.9 32 boot parameters are accepted
boot_debug 1 doesn't actually do anything
improve documentation of BOOT_DEBUG
- Cleanup use of quotes and dashes; second part of patch originally submitted by Branden Robinson (#279927). - Fix some footnotes that will hopefully make Phillipe Batailler happier. - SMP support kernel configuration is not in the same section for all arches so should be variable. - hppa (optional) and s/390 (standard) also support SMP - Some minor corrections.
Rescue option is only for Etch
Document rescue mode in the manual.
End-of-line whitespace cleanup; no textual changes.
Changed "url" to "path" in "preseed/file" boot argument.
Document new parameter cdrom-detect/eject (etch only)
Add note on enabling framebuffer for sparc
format fix (extra space before dot / »will autodetect this .«)
Minor format fixes.
- Manual correction re debconf/priority.
Revision of examples (<formalexample>): - Remove unnecessary empty lines within examples (reducing whitespace in output) - Remove unnecessary paragraphs around examples (further reducing whitespace) - Use > and < consistently - Use command prompt characters consistently ($ or #) - Shorten two lines within examples that don't fit in pdf Some updates in texts in or around examples.
Add comment about max. number of boot options
Full spelling check for the manual (English)
- Patch from JÃ¶ Fahlke to consistently refer to DEBCONF_FRONTEND in docs. debconf/frontend doesn't work everywhere yet, and it's better to only support one option.
- Add preseed udebs to initrds and document preseeding in manual. Closes: #265988 - Bump genext2fs build dep to avoid building images with broken versions.
Update m68k manual
call them parameters consistently
change all occurrences of netcfg/use_dhcp to netcfg/disable_dhcp, change false to true
Some changes for the manual: - boot-installer/parameters.xml: updated description of DEBCONF_PRIORITY - boot-installer/i386.xml: updated USB and PCMCIA problems - some other small corrections
parameters.xml: Document more boot parameters ia64.xml: add more xml tags
patch together a new source package that will include both the images and the manual
doc/manual: Enable keyword expansion.
Various updates here and there
First round of build fixes (xml structure, forbidden tags) Some more proper tagging
update INSTALL_MEDIA_DEV docs
clean up references to boot-floppies
More precise tagging in boot-installer
fix xml in boot-installer section, thanks Miroslav Kure
Added section for booting the installer. In the old manual, this became very confusing because there is more arch-dependent info than generic info. So I changed the structure for this chapter to be mostly organized by arch. Unfortunately, it is in _very_ rough shape, and won't validate. I thought it would be better to start getting content out there, and maybe somebody can help clean the xml up.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|