Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (download) (as text) (annotate)|
Apply patch from Ryan Niebur to document RAID6 and RAID10 support (after review and minor changes)
Add missing template and doc for debian-installer/exit/poweroff
Document hw-detect/load_firmware. Closes: #493845
Comment out partman-auto/disk setting in preseed since lenny d-i will automatically work w/o it if there's just 1 disk. Closes: #490287
add upgrade preseed This could be converted to a low priority question if desired.
Document finish-install/keep-consoles boot parameter and preseeding.
Use current release name in 'auto mode' examples
Add an explanation of 'owner' in instructions for creating a preconfiguration file (#478219)
Explain how a grub password can be generated
Let mkpasswd example match man page; also update translations
Update how to suppress the removal of existing LVM data using preseeding; with thanks to Geert Stappers
Document preseeding of grub password
Specify for which release the example preseed file is valid
Fix now incorrect plural and add a sentence for improved separation to the actual preseed examples
Correct command to use to allow preseeding of netcfg when using a preconfiguration file downloaded from a server (preseed/url). Thanks to Durk Strooisma for the report and analysis. Also correct and unfuzzy PO-based translations.
Fix missing template type; also fix and unfuzzy PO-based translations
* Note that an empty preseed file is equivalent to a normal manual installation (thanks, Nathan Sutton).
* Spell "multiselect" correctly in apt-setup/services-select preseeding example.
Installation is no longer in two stages
Reorder clock/user setup in preconfiguration appendix too
* Clarify that you need to actually provide an autopartitioning method as well as preseeding the partman confirmation messages.
* Document debian-installer/exit/halt preseed.
It does not look like we'll be updating the installation guide for Etch, so remove all the release conditions
fix preseed example for tasksel/desktop
* Document how to preseed partman-auto to use only available disk, no matter what it's name is.
* Document new apt-setup/services-select and related hostname preseeds.
Use fictional ntp server as example
Correct release condition
* Document clock-setup/ntp.
Keep old text for now so we can still build the manual for Etch too
* Remove text talking about devfs-style device names, which are no longer supported.
Document base-installer/kernel/image preseed (lenny only)
fix a mistake in the example of include_command
Document preseeding of passwd/user-uid
- Also mention ?= in the general section on boot parameters - The url expansion magic only works in auto mode, so don't mention it in the general boot parameter section
Make explanation of ?= in boot parameters a separate paragraph
Mark new feature for lenny
* Document passwd/user-default-groups.
Make choose-mirror change release dependent
* Recommend preseeding mirror/country to "manual" rather than "enter information manually" (choose-mirror 2.17).
- Include option to skip lilo only for lenny - Fix whitespace problems with conditions in pkgsel section
* Document new lilo-installer/skip preseed.
Correct order of sections in line with order during installation; no changes in content
Fix incorrect instruction for preseeding local repositories; thanks to Rémi Demarthe
* Document the new tasksel/desktop preseed for lenny.
- document how to select the ftp protocol during mirror selection - document how to install from CD/DVD only (and not use a network mirror)
Fix error spotted by Aurélien Gérôme; fix and unfuzzy translations too
Add link to Philip Hand's website as it contains many creative examples
As exim no longer asks any questions during installations, there is no real need to document it anymore for preseeding
* Document debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated.
Review of interactive preseed changes
Document foo/bar?=value feature.
Change auto-install/enabled to auto-install/enable, including translations; this was changed for consistency with rescue
Document preseed/interactive parameter
Cleaned up definitions of some entities and removed unused ones
Fix typo and unfuzzy PO-based translations
Fix some typos spotted by Davide Viti
- Document mirror/protocol boot parameter with short explanation of ftp protocol - Use a clearer way to list the short form of parameters
Fix translation comment
Minor rewrite suggested by Philippe Batailler
Revert accidental commit
Minor rewrite suggested by Philippe Batailler
More corrections suggested by Clytie
Clarifications based on comments from Tapio Lehtonen
* Explain usage of "owner" prefix when setting values for debconf variables intended for the target system at the boot prompt. * Give some examples of preseeding questions from the boot prompt. * Document how to install the KDE desktop environment instead of GNOME. * Don't list unsupported frontends in boot parameters section.
note that apt-setup/local* really needs a key
- Add table with defined aliases - Make example for using classes more general - Minor fixes
"a" vs. "an" typo
General review of auto-install documentation
* Applied Phil's auto mode documentation patch, edited it, and moved some things around for clarity. Closes: #395910
Make documentation of '--' boot parameter less severe as d-i should filter out options automatically
- Remove some references to 2.4 based installs - Remove obsolete text about creating extra device nodes - Add extra comments about automatic encrypted LVM installs - Some other minor fixes
clarify meaning of "--" on boot command line
Fix a few inconsistencies with current installer reported by Holger Wansing and Tapio Lehtonen
Fix issues reported by Clytie Siddall
Fix build error; you'd think I know better by now...
* Add new section in preseeding appendix on partman-auto-raid. Not included in preseed text file as it is still somewhat experimental.
- As no methods actually support multiple disks yet, don't mention it - Show how to get rid of lvm confirmation dialog
* Fix incorrect documentation on preseeding additional apt sources.
remove devfs bit of comment
Added missing parenthesis, fixes #385445
Update preseeding documentation for partman-auto
* Update preseeding docs to document listing more than one disk for partman-auto/disk and grub-installer/bootdev
* Document new pkgsel/include setting.
Move Stapper's preseed/run hack from example to main text and improve explanation
preseed/run made netcfg-st possible
Document preseeding autopartitioning using LVM
Add note on aliases in section on boot parameters
fix tag balance
* Document new aliases added in preseed 1.17 for common debconf boot parameters: fb, url, file, locale, interface.
Improve readability of -- bootoption
* Prebaseconfig renamed to finish-install, which changes some documentation, and. notably, renames one of the xml files.
s/template/question/ # where appropriate
* Document new preseed/run setting.
* chroot-install: - add /etc/hosts to be created for network configuration - make kernel/linux-image variable * Document -- command line option for passing parameters to boot loader configuration
* Booting a USB stick via a boot floppy is not supported by current installer images. * Update preseeding docs to use task names, not short descriptions, since that will work now and is more convenient for preseeding. * Document the kde-desktop and gnome-desktop subtasks.
Revert accidental change in commented section
Fix PDF build errors
Fix typos reported by Philippe Batailler
- Replace 'preseed file' with 'preconfiguration file' - Reformat some lines to keep line lengh acceptable - Various minor changes
- Finally document how to create a preconfiguration file
* Document new passwd/root-login setting.
add missing space
Document new option to preseed additional apt sources for target system
clearify comment about security-host
Add missing section tag
Add note that some partman-auto templates need to be localized
Fix typo + spacing around tags
* Document DHCP preseeding. Note that this documents it as of netcfg 1.24 and preseed 1.13.
* It's possible to use preseeding to set up LVM now, so remove stuff about it not working.
* Add docs about preseeding a fallback to a static IP if dhcp fails.
* Document how to pick a particular interface with netcfg/choose_interface, including how to do this before reading a preseed file.
a few typo fixes
* Etch uses X.Org 6.9, and xserver-xorg instead of xserver-xfree86.
Owner of user-setup templates should now be d-i, not passwd
Document preseeding of initramfs generator
- Change default build to Etch. - Remove all Sarge specific content and make Etch specific content default. - Delete some obsolete entities.
merge in ex-base-config branch
Remove variable no longer supported in apt-setup
remove outdated comment about dc_postmaster exim setting; exim integrates with d-i in a way that makes setting it to an empty string deliver postmater mail to the first created user (although this is currently broken by #341130)
Set Id keyword on new file
Updates suggested by Joey after review
- Move documentation on preseeding to separate appendix for etch - Use new, more flexible perl script to extract example preseed file from new appendix
Convert a few more bits to proper reference format
Minor changes in tag placement.
Create separate appendix for preseeding for Etch. Needs more work before it is included.
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|