Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (download) (as text) (annotate)|
* Remove now obsolete distinction between classic and common kpkg. * Update all arches to kernel version 2.6.17.
Initial commit preparing to add variant for AMD64. This commit basically creates the AMD64 variant as a copy of the i386 manual. Further commits will be needed to differentiate the AMD64 variant from i386 where needed. Commit includes changes for all translations.
- Various corrections suggested by Clytie Siddall. - Update instructions on how to set module parameters for PLIP installation. - Update chroot install instructions to use aptitude instead of apt-get.
* chroot-install: - add /etc/hosts to be created for network configuration - make kernel/linux-image variable * Document -- command line option for passing parameters to boot loader configuration
Update appendix on chroot installs.
merge in ex-base-config branch
move manual to top-level directory, split out of debian-installer package
Use ext3 instead of ext2 in fstab example
Changes from comments in #279127; thanks Loïc Minier and others
- Cleanup use of quotes and dashes; second part of patch originally submitted by Branden Robinson (#279927). - Fix some footnotes that will hopefully make Phillipe Batailler happier. - SMP support kernel configuration is not in the same section for all arches so should be variable. - hppa (optional) and s/390 (standard) also support SMP - Some minor corrections.
don't desccribe d-i as "ncurses-based"
End-of-line whitespace cleanup; no textual changes.
* Fix manual to note that linux supports HFS+. Closes: #313488 * Unset LANG in chroot call in chroot-install section of manual. Closes: #311704 * ia64 does not support rarp, remove from manual. Closes: #250028 * Document deconf-set-selections -c to check preseed files. Closes: #284289
Use ar (not tar) to unpack .deb file (#311243)
Two minor corrections (thanks Jens Seidel)
Add ar as requirement for debootstrap (#292533)
Use zcat instead of gzip -dc as it is probably more intuitive for readers
Revision of examples (<formalexample>): - Remove unnecessary empty lines within examples (reducing whitespace in output) - Remove unnecessary paragraphs around examples (further reducing whitespace) - Use > and < consistently - Use command prompt characters consistently ($ or #) - Shorten two lines within examples that don't fit in pdf Some updates in texts in or around examples.
Use &releasename; rather than sarge.
Full spelling check for the manual (English)
Fix some typos and add proper tags
various updates for sarge
Add leading slash to "etc/hostname" in manual (closes: #249101).
Some technical changes for the manual: - moved contributors.xml from appendix to administrivia for all languages - changed Debian GNU/Linux to &debian; in en - changed '800' to &num-of-debian-developers; in en/welcome/what-is-debian.xml
patch together a new source package that will include both the images and the manual
doc/manual: Enable keyword expansion.
Change profiling separator from "|" to documented ";"
Added section for booting the installer. In the old manual, this became very confusing because there is more arch-dependent info than generic info. So I changed the structure for this chapter to be mostly organized by arch. Unfortunately, it is in _very_ rough shape, and won't validate. I thought it would be better to start getting content out there, and maybe somebody can help clean the xml up.
change marked sections to attributes
add appendix, start adding stuff from progeny
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|