Parent Directory | Revision Log
|Links to HEAD:||(view) (download) (annotate)|
* Add dependencies for texlive-lang-* packages for languages for which the manual has translations.
* Document new lilo-installer/skip preseed.
- Mention how to get to the main menu so a shell can be started based on report from Anthony Smith, #422307 - Add translatable entities for Continue, Cancel and Go Back buttons (and Dutch translation) - Minor changes to make references to buttons consistent
Fix incorrect instruction for preseeding local repositories; thanks to Rémi Demarthe
* Suggest 'nousb' instead of debian-installer/probe/usb as USB modules are now loaded automatically.
- Add cm-super to build dependencies as that improves the quality of the Russian PDF version
* Document the new tasksel/desktop preseed for lenny.
Remove all information about RiscPC because these machines are no longer supported.
Open new changelog entry
releasing version 20070319
Replace entity in example-preseed.txt file; thanks to Geert Stappers
- document how to select the ftp protocol during mirror selection - document how to install from CD/DVD only (and not use a network mirror)
* Update base/standard system and task sizes.
Add the changelog entry.
Add link to Philip Hand's website as it contains many creative examples
Debian does not necessarily share the ideals of the FSF
As exim no longer asks any questions during installations, there is no real need to document it anymore for preseeding
Update the HOWTO for the integration of base-config into D-I; thanks to Todd Partridge for spotting that we'd not yet done so
Document installs over PPPoE; based on a text proposed by Eddy Petrisor
Guided partitioning now creates swap inside LVM; thanks to Francesco Poli
* Document debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated.
Make links to FSF and GNU more consistent; with thanks to Francesco Poli
Document preseed/interactive parameter
* Fix package name for installation-reports, and manual unfuzzy of all translations. Closes: #408408
Add changelog entry
Add thanks to Miroslav and bug closures
Implement infrastructure that allows entities to be translated
Cleaned up definitions of some entities and removed unused ones
Update information about mouse configuration, based on a patch from Peter Samuelson (for which thanks)
releasing version 20070122
* Enable Catalan, Brazillian, Korean and Spanish again. * Enable new Hungarian translation.
- Update control file for dropped m68k and added amd64 architectures - Release version 20070115
* Avoid generating XML files multiple times for translations using PO files when using build.sh or buildweb.sh sripts.
* Prepare for release. This release is mostly for testing purposes, the real release targeted at Etch will be next week. * Add and enable AMD64 architecture. * Disable Catalan, Korean, Spanish and Brazillian translations as they are not yet complete. * Enable Finnish translation.
Document new option to blacklist kernel modules
Document the graphical installer, including the main known issues
- Update number of developers, packages and mailing lists - General revision of minimum hardware requirements throughout the manual - Update of installed/download size of tasks - Delete some unused entities in build/entities/common.ent
- Etch ships with X.Org 7.1 - Fix some minor spacing problems - Delete or update some obsoleted information - General minor fixes
- Clean out ancient hardware issues - Update Sparc specific information; many thanks to Jurij Smakov for his review of the Sparc manual
- Document mirror/protocol boot parameter with short explanation of ftp protocol - Use a clearer way to list the short form of parameters
Remove sun4cd (sparc32) from and add sun4v (sparc64) in hardware table
Document common installation issues for Sparc. Thanks to Jurij Smakov for his overview of issues
Rewrite of NIC support, document wireless support (for selected arches) and explain issues surrounding drivers that require firmware
Add extended section on email configuration (moved from using-d-i as exim4 now configures for "local mail only" by default)
Add note for m68k that it is not a release architecture for Etch
Extend description of lowmem installs based on a patch suggested by Holger Wansing
More corrections suggested by Clytie
Minor corrections and some rewrites based on suggestions from Clytie Siddall
Changes suggested in extensive review by Wiktor Wandachowicz
Changelog for previous commit
Update kernel version for all arches to 2.6.18.
PowerPC/APUS is currently not supported; removed from hardware table
Update documenation for Sparc, based on patch by Jurij Smakov
Document anna/choose_modules boot parameter
Add Holger for accuracy
Clarifications based on comments from Tapio Lehtonen
Remove section on reactivating Windows; the installer should detect it automatically after all
Remove ancient section on parity RAM
Fix reference to Save debug logs menu option; thanks Philippe Batailler
* Add a note that installation reports will be published.
Clarify what happens on first boot and how to get help to in case of problems
* boot-new: - Remove reference to apt guide (not installed by default) and obsolete debian-guide. Thanks, Philippe Batailler. Closes: #402439, #402492. - As lynx is no longer installed, suggest w3m as text based browser. - Explain how to browse /usr/share/doc/ using a graphical web browser. - Mention documentation packages.
Minor corrections suggested by Holger Wansing
Add changelog entry
Talk about ixp4xx rather than the more specific nslu2.
Mention Intel IOP32x support.
Mention that RiscPC support is incomplete.
* Explain usage of "owner" prefix when setting values for debconf variables intended for the target system at the boot prompt. * Give some examples of preseeding questions from the boot prompt. * Document how to install the KDE desktop environment instead of GNOME. * Don't list unsupported frontends in boot parameters section.
* Add condition "g-i" for arches that support the graphical installer. * Document mouse/left boot parameter.
Document how to install KDE instead of Gnome in the section on pkgsel
Document how to pass parameters to kernel modules on boot
* Applied Phil's auto mode documentation patch, edited it, and moved some things around for clarity. Closes: #395910
Add misplaced entry
New troubleshooting section on how to deal with CD-ROM related problems
Add changelog entry for last commit
Fix changelog entry
clarify meaning of "--" on boot command line
* Update the installation report template to match current one in installation-report.
Fix issues reported by Clytie Siddall
* Remove hardcoded paths to executables in buildone.sh. * Set HOME to a temporary directory before running w3m, to avoid it trying to write to a home directory that may not exist on the buildds. (See #393641)
Disable m68k for official builds as it is not a release architecture
* Update for recent floppy changes.
Document changes in guided partitioning and added encrypted LVM support
* Add new section in preseeding appendix on partman-auto-raid. Not included in preseed text file as it is still somewhat experimental.
Set default value for manual_release in build wrapper scripts
* Adjust chroot-install guide to take account of debootstrap being Architecture: all now (https://launchpad.net/bugs/64765).
* Fix typo in hppa hardware support documentation (https://launchpad.net/bugs/55164).
* Fix incorrect documentation on preseeding additional apt sources.
* Remove now obsolete distinction between classic and common kpkg. * Update all arches to kernel version 2.6.17.
* Document new boot parameters theme and directfb/hw-accel.
Minor corrections reported by Malcolm Parsons; unfuzzy PO based translations
Correct number of release arches; thanks to Holger Wansing
Correct error for alpha netboot installations; thanks to Aurelien Gerome
missing changelog entry
Add support for Korean PDF output; requires latex-hangul-ucs-hlatex
* Update preseeding docs to document listing more than one disk for partman-auto/disk and grub-installer/bootdev
Update of processor support for the i386 architecture; thanks Nathanael Nerode
Document how to shut down the system; based on patch from Holger Levsen
- Improve text for smp-alternatives (thanks Frederik Schueler) - i386 also has smp-alternatives, except for 486 flavor which is not compiled with SMP support - hardware/hardware-supported.xml: whitespace cleanup - changelog updated
Log in changelog
Initial commit preparing to add variant for AMD64. This commit basically creates the AMD64 variant as a copy of the i386 manual. Further commits will be needed to differentiate the AMD64 variant from i386 where needed. Commit includes changes for all translations.
Updated info about booting the new system with encrypted partitions
Add changelog entry
Update section on partitioning using LVM to reflect recent changes
More corrections suggested by Clytie Siddall
Add /srv in overview of directory tree in partitioning appendix
- Various corrections suggested by Clytie Siddall. - Update instructions on how to set module parameters for PLIP installation. - Update chroot install instructions to use aptitude instead of apt-get.
* Document new pkgsel/include setting.
Open new changelog entry
- arm, mips and mipsel switched to 2.6 kernels - Enable Brazillian Portuguese and Vietnamese translation for release - Disable Greek translation as it is too incomplete - Minor changelog fixups - Release 20060726
* Base languages to be built for website on list of release languages.
Update kernel versions to 2.6.16
Etch has been assigned version 4.0
added the remaining suggestions about nubus and non-powerpc macs (closes: #364546) restructured the chapter about powerpc supported hardware, moved unsupported machines to the end updated the information about existing kernel flavours
As of 2.6, r4k-ip22 also rupports r5k machines do the r5k-ip22 flavour has been dropped.
The RiscPC flavour is now known as "rpc" rather than "riscpc".
Document guided partitioning using LVM and update partitioning section
* Document new aliases added in preseed 1.17 for common debconf boot parameters: fb, url, file, locale, interface.
* hd-media size changed to 256 mb.
* Prebaseconfig renamed to finish-install, which changes some documentation, and. notably, renames one of the xml files.
* Document new preseed/run setting.
Add functionality to include optional paragraphs in translations
Give credit to Holger Wansing
Add changelog entry for GPL changes
- Switch Finnish from XML-based to PO-based translation - Correct placement of changelog entries from Joey
* chroot-install: - add /etc/hosts to be created for network configuration - make kernel/linux-image variable * Document -- command line option for passing parameters to boot loader configuration
* Booting a USB stick via a boot floppy is not supported by current installer images. * Update preseeding docs to use task names, not short descriptions, since that will work now and is more convenient for preseeding. * Document the kde-desktop and gnome-desktop subtasks.
Various corrections suggested by Clytie Siddall (and one by Jens Seidel)
Re-apply changes by joeyh delayed because of release; incorporates change by stappers: - Update kernel building section to conditionalise some more 2.4 kernel stuff. - Suggest passing --initrd to make-kpkg since the docs say nothing about compiling disk drivers into the kernel.
Open new changelog entry
- Enable Catalan, Italian and Swedish translations for release. - Disable Brazillian Portuguese translation as it is too incomplete. - Release 20060427.
Revert because of pending release; will reapply later
* Update kernel building section to conditionalise some more 2.4 kernel stuff. * Suggest passing --initrd to make-kpkg since the docs say nothing about compiling disk drivers into the kernel.
- Finally document how to create a preconfiguration file
* Document new passwd/root-login setting.
Document buildscript change in changelog; closes FTBFS bug
Correct previous commit
Add changelog entry for recent change
Describe how to boot a Cobalt machine.
Describe how to flash the installer image onto the NSLU2.
The Netwinder firmware is no longer available due to license problems.
Improve the Netwinder TFTP boot instructions.
Mention NSLU2 download location.
Fix Netwinder/CATS download location.
Bring ARM up to date with reality: remove unsupported flavours, add NSLU2.
* Document DHCP preseeding. Note that this documents it as of netcfg 1.24 and preseed 1.13.
* It's possible to use preseeding to set up LVM now, so remove stuff about it not working.
Remove redundant lines
Remove premature entry and reorganize
* Update copyright date.
Update appendix on chroot installs.
* Add docs about preseeding a fallback to a static IP if dhcp fails.
* Build-depend on libhtml-parser-perl for build/preseed.pl.
* Remove obsolete substvar.
* Document how to pick a particular interface with netcfg/choose_interface, including how to do this before reading a preseed file.
* Etch uses X.Org 6.9, and xserver-xorg instead of xserver-xfree86.
add more bootable-usb conditionals too
* Add a few more supports-floppy-boot conditionals to make it easier to turn all this off in rebuilds of the manual.
Change references from package d-i-manual to package installation-guide
- Change default build to Etch. - Remove all Sarge specific content and make Etch specific content default. - Delete some obsolete entities.
merge in ex-base-config branch
Open new changelog entry
Exclude Traditional Chinese translation for release as it was not updated
Switch release name to Etch and update changelog for previous commit
Greek and Korean translations completed, enable for release
Newly started translations
Set proper POT-Creation-Date
- Move documentation on preseeding to separate appendix for etch - Use new, more flexible perl script to extract example preseed file from new appendix
* Update installation report template and instructions for etch.
Add changelog entry for build problem already fixed in debian/rules
- Mention in copyright that full GPL is included in the manual. - Register installed documents with doc-base.
Also clean working directories in build
Change package name in changelog
- Change package name to installation-guide - Improve package descriptions
Include translations already available on official website
Switch to building arch all packages in section doc
Mark unreleased and add reference to d-i changelog for history
add debian packaging files, except for the rules file
This form allows you to request diffs between any two revisions of this file. For each of the two "sides" of the diff, enter a numeric revision.
|Powered by ViewVC 1.1.5|